Wednesday, December 2, 2009

a canadian girl in lots of places.

it really is quite the hassle, having to unpack your luggage -only to repack your bags the next day.

nonetheless, it's worth the inconvenience.

and keeping in mind just how much fun my cousin, lama's wedding was last year in france, i'm really looking forward to lena's england wedding. especially since my cousin-in-law-to-be, ollie, is a pure brit -and, given that the british are fairly well known for their capacity to drink...that, by definition, equals a lot of fun.

anyway, my understanding of the situation was that being in town for a mere day and a half would, in fact, hinder my ability to settle back into real life. and laying low for the brief moment in time that i am, actually, here, with the consolation of leaving again, seemed like a really good idea.

unfortunately, the ideas i manage to conjure up in my mind are somehow never directly translated into what ends up being my reality. it's as if the little medium-sized bubble, in which i live, is constantly at war with what real life is seemingly all about.

ultimately, however, isn't the whole point of a war to see who wins?

i say, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. and given the possibility that that fat lady may, very well (but hopefully not, someday), be me -it won't be over for a long, longggg time.

5 comments:

  1. A Canadian girl in lots of places, huh? Very clever lol..I love that episode, btw :)

    "I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-love-without-each-other love. And I don't think that love is here..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd hate to think i was so transparent..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all transparent (to those unknowing readers). It's just the first post I actually understood, considering your posts are always so ambiguous. I thought I'd enjoy the moment while I could!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's what so many people say lol...i'll go ahead and take that as a compliment =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you have every right. I only wish I could write like you do.

    ReplyDelete