It’s kinda cool how certain things, like talking on your cell phone and driving at the same time; or pregnant women seen smoking or drinking have become almost completely stigmatized these days. By the way, this topic isn’t entirely original in thought –since it’s from z103’s Wednesday morning talk show. But, it’s interesting –and that's why I decided to write about it. I think the progress we've seen, even more so with the new hands-free-only driving law, is great indication of just how powerful this, our generation, is –or can be. Especially keeping in mind the masses of people who used to consider themselves invincible while chatting –or worse, texting- while driving (on the highway, mind you). And yes, I am fully aware that people continue to do so –despite the laws which deem such behaviour illegal –because I see them on my way home each afternoon with, sometimes, up to four kids in the car. And hey, Canada is a free country, which is why “responsible parenting” remains a subjective term. But, I do believe that there has been a significant decrease in numbers over the past few months, which is a good thing!
Anyway, just a penny for my thoughts, I suppose. And, don’t mind the proper punctuation –I had to type this up in a Word document at work, as not to be caught procrastinating =)
No comments:
Post a Comment