Tuesday, April 20, 2010

small fish, big sea.

At times, that’s exactly how I feel. And I’m talking sardines.

Granted, it can be frustrating, knowing that the odds of creating even the smallest of ripples in the making-a-difference puddle are 0.000000000000000000000001 per cent…if that. 

But just remember, bigger isn’t always better...and less is always more.

If you ask me, I find it highly motivating. Whereas some people may understand their lack of magnitude within the bigger picture as reason enough not to even try, in the least, to take that risk and potentially produce change in some form or other; I see it as an infinitely huge arena for endless opportunity -regardless of what you want to do and who you want to affect. 

It's all about perspective. And no, this is not just a “today” thing, because I have found the perfect remedy for the place from which my frustrations were born, once upon a time: my impulsiveness.

Despite it being number two on my top-three-fatal-flaws list, I have never lost sight in the goodness in that for which I have always been condemned. And in hindsight, out of all the things I’ve ever done in my life –if I hadn’t done more than half of those things entirely on an impulse, I would never, ever have done them at all. 

So, as hard as it is to make a change these days, the best place to start is always, always, always at the beginning. And sometimes, to get things started, being impulsive and just going for it helps =)

And for the moment, that's where you can find me: at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment